Start a new topic

Prompting

We need a way to prompt a user, for stuff besides a creds.  My company is using PSM now, and is requiring reason codes.  It doesnt have to be anything major,  simple prompt like rebex does for additional details.  Should provide a way to give a simple prompt, and then be a simple text feed back that can be used temporarily or to set a variable for that specific usage.  Would also be nice to have it kind like the command task where it can be asked for once per folder.  

The syntax doesn't have to be very complex, just take the idea of the prompt for credentials a step forward.

If not that then someway to add plugins, so we can roll our own.  

prompt.png
(19.5 KB)

Hi!

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure I completely understand. Are you looking for a prompt for the user which then sets a replacement token (similar to what $CustomFieldXX$ or $CustomProperty.XZY$ does)? Or should the prompted value be used for something else? Asking once per folder is a bit more tricky. Maybe you can provide more details about the use case here as well.

Thanks,
Stefan

I am looking for a replacement token, similar to how rebex requests the additional login details.  The once per folder isn't absolute needed, but if possible it would just have the ability to only be requested once per connect All in Folder.

connectall.png
(25.4 KB)

I'm still not sure what to do with the prompted data. You mentioned it should be handled similar to what additional login details is doing in Rebex but the way this is handled is completely internal. There's an API from Rebex which asks for this information and we pass it on in a very specific event handler. When we prompt something  from the user, what should happen with that information. How should that be passed on to the session or is it just something you want to use in the connection properties?

Maybe you can outline a specific use case which explains the flow?

Login or Signup to post a comment