Start a new topic

Perform actions across all RDP instances with a script?

Hi

I'm seeking advice on how to perform the same single action across all instances at the same time. 

For example.

I'd like to open the same application and perform a specific keystroke across all RDP instances. 

Would this be possible? 

Thanks

Hi!

unfortunately the RDP protocol does not provide any means to execute a script remotely. You could use key sequence tasks:

https://docs.royalapps.com/r2021/royalts/tutorials/working-with-tasks.html#create-a-key-sequence-task

https://www.royalapps.com/go/help-ts-win-v6-ref-keysequencetask

While key sequence task work great in terminal connections, it's much harder to make them reliably work on RDP connections because you need to make sure that each connection is in a state which can receive the key sequences. It may also be dangerous depending on what you want to execute. If, for example, the input focus is moved away from the remote session, the key strokes are not executed in the session and may be executed in another session or locally (depending where the focus moved). I really want to emphasize that I do not recommend to use key sequence task with RDP connections but I know a lot of users are using it. Use it carefully!

Regards,
Stefan

Hi

Thanks for your response.

So I have a test key sequence set up. {CMD} Terminal {ENTER}

I'm running into the issue where the key sequence is being performed on the PC where Royal TS is installed and not the selected/targeted active RDP connections.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. 

I've even opened up Key Sequence Broadcaster and selected all the active RDP sessions to run the key sequence and it still ran the command on the host PC. 

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand. How exactly did you setup the key sequence task? I'm not familiar with {CMD} token. Where did you see that and what do you expect from it? Maybe you can provide more details and screenshots?

Regards,
Stefan

Login or Signup to post a comment