Start a new topic
Not Taken

Auto-lock RoyalTS on screen lock, timeout or on demand

Hi,

I know there are similar existing requests for an auto-lock feature however there has been no official response and this request is slightly different.

Is it possible to have RoyalTS 'lock' when the screen is locked, or configured for a timeout or on-demand? I imagine if a feature like this was implemented, it should have two settings:

• When lock is activated, don't disconnect any sessions, simply blank out all windows and display a password prompt
  • When lock is activated, disconnect any sessions and display a password prompt. I guess this is effectively closing the RoyalTS document. 

As mentioned in the other threads, this behaviour is similar to that seen in KeePass.

Thanks

Hi,

we are hesitant to implement something like that since Windows has the perfect way to lock the whole desktop. We're just not sure what added value it would have if Royal TS can also "lock" the UI.

Regards,
Stefan

1 person likes this

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your response. You make a very good point and I can't think of anything to counter that, Windows does indeed already provide the desired functionality.

Thanks again

Login or Signup to post a comment