Start a new topic

Rebex Try Password After Key failure

Currently my "go-to" terminal in royalTS is putty, simply because it will use a specified password if the key authentication fails.

but its riddled with UI bugs when using it within royalTS.

the functionality of trying password authentication on failure of key auth would put rebex on par with putty's usability.

would it be possible to add this functionality.

Hi Louis,

thanks for the feedback. Can you provide more information on how you setup your connection exactly and what situation you want to be handled differently. Some screenshots, log entries, etc. would be very helpful.

Regards,
Stefan

hi there I apologise for getting back so late, i have been on a long and painful project for my work.

so basically if you have a credential in royalTT that has both a Key and a password, putty will try the key first and then fallback to the password.

I would like rebex to follow this aswell.

Hi Louis,

thanks for the feedback. The rebex based terminal is based on a 3rd party component. We can't really modify its authentication behavior to match the one used in PuTTY. I'm happy to ask rebex to consider this "feature request". Are you aware if other SSH clients handle this similarly? What's the exact use case for this?

Regards,
Stefan

Login or Signup to post a comment