Start a new topic
Implemented

BitWarden Support

Eventually I'm going to move off LastPass (honestly RoyalTS has been keeping me on it lol) but I've been eyeing BitWarden pretty seriously. Is there any plans to add support for that?

Also it's open source: https://github.com/bitwarden

2 people like this idea

Hi Marcin,

I just pushed an update of the dynamic folder sample which expands environment variables in the path. This should fix your issue.

You can download the updated version of the dynamic folder here: https://github.com/royalapplications/toolbox/blob/master/Dynamic%20Folder/Bitwarden/Bitwarden%20(Python).rdfe

Please let us know if this indeed fixes the issue you were having.

cheers,

felix

To be honest, we will not be able to support every product because it's very time and resource consuming. We not only have to learn, setup, maintain and work with all the different products, we also have to maintain the code involved. This is not an easy task for a small team like ours so we are hoping that the community jumps in. We built this generic approach "dynamic folders" in the V5 release (currently as beta available) which allows you to integrate 3rd party tools into Royal TS easily. 

To learn more about the dynamic folders: https://support.royalapplications.com/support/solutions/articles/17000070210-royaljson

We also have a github repo where people can see some sample implementations from us and our users: https://github.com/royalapplications/toolbox/tree/master/Dynamic%20Folder

If someone from the community can implement a dynamic folder script and create a pull request, that would be awesome!

Hi Felix,
Now it works perfectly. Thanks!
Marcin

Perfect! Glad to hear that, Marcin. And thx for the confirmation.

cheers,

felix

Oh I completely agree I just figured with BitWarden being open source it might be a better solution than LastPass in the long run as many users have jumped ship to it.

Is there any magic needed?
I'm on macOS 10.14.6 with Royal 4.3.1.3.
BitwardenCli ist instaleld in /Applications/bw and works
python works from the cli
Script File Imports just fine.
But when i hit the folder, i just see the turning wheel, nothing happens....
and i could see anything in the debug log either..

@Cee Bee: Have you used the bw cli at least once to verify it's working outside of Royal TSX?

Hello Felix,

yes login and list works :-)

In this case, your best option for finding out what's wrong is to copy the script into a standalone file, replace all tokens ($) with actual values, then run it from terminal and observe the output.

and it works...

with python and python3

cb$ python royal.py -v
You are not logged in.
mac failed.
? Master password: [hidden]
Master password is required.

i need to hit enter twice (no input!) and i see the json...

Got it working - some custom attributes could be parsed...

To be able to filter by collection would be awesome :-)

Hello, I've got the following error:

C:\Users\user1\RoyalTS>python bitwarden.py -v
mac failed.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\user1\RoyalTS\bitwarden.py", line 296, in <module>
    print(get_entries(bw_path, r"mail@dot.com", r"pass"))
  File "C:\Users\user1\RoyalTS\bitwarden.py", line 276, in get_entries
    list_items_response = json.loads(list_items_json)
  File "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.9_3.9.496.0_x64__qbz5n2kfra8p0\lib\json\__init__.py", line 346, in loads
    return _default_decoder.decode(s)
  File "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.9_3.9.496.0_x64__qbz5n2kfra8p0\lib\json\decoder.py", line 337, in decode
    obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
  File "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.9_3.9.496.0_x64__qbz5n2kfra8p0\lib\json\decoder.py", line 355, in raw_decode
    raise JSONDecodeError("Expecting value", s, err.value) from None
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

Hello, since some time the script is not working. I tried to run it from console. I've got the latest bw.exe 1.13.3 and python 3.9

C:\Users\user1\RoyalTS>python bitwarden.py -v
mac failed.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\user1\RoyalTS\bitwarden.py", line 296, in <module>
    print(get_entries(bw_path, r"mail@dot.com", r"pass"))
  File "C:\Users\user1\RoyalTS\bitwarden.py", line 276, in get_entries

list_items_response = json.loads(list_items_json)
  File "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.9_3.9.496.0_x64__qbz5n2kfra8p0\lib\json\__init__.py", line 346, in loads
    return _default_decoder.decode(s)
  File "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.9_3.9.496.0_x64__qbz5n2kfra8p0\lib\json\decoder.py", line 337, in decode
    obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
  File "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.9_3.9.496.0_x64__qbz5n2kfra8p0\lib\json\decoder.py", line 355, in raw_decode
    raise JSONDecodeError("Expecting value", s, err.value) from None
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

Hey Cee Bee!

First of, I'm glad you got it working. I don't quite understand what you changed that made it work though. Could you please elaborate a little bit? Might be useful for other users.

thx,

felix

Login or Signup to post a comment