Start a new topic
Implemented

Tabs

When I have more tabs open than the width of the RoyalTS windows, I have the option to click arrows to scroll the multiple open tabs.  While this works, I would like to see an option to handle tabs in other was:

Treat Tabs like the Windows Taskbar, where I can:

1. Shrink Always, Hide Labels
  2. When Taskbar is full
  3. Never

Another suggestion would be to let me set a max width I want to see in a tab, I can hover over the tab if I want to see the full name of the tab

And another suggestion would be to allow more than one row of tabs at the top, perhaps I could use the top row for the Servers I am RDP'd to, and the row below it for the Workstations I am RDP'd to.  (See attached file for mockup of idea)

If I 'hide' the menu drop down tabs, I've room for 3-4 tab rows with out loosing desktop space for my RDP sessions.

In a nutshell, anyway to not have to scroll for open tabs would be welcome.

thank you,

Stephen

1 Comment

Hi Stephen,

since we're using a 3rd party UI library, we can't implement all the features you requested. However, the next release will have an option to enable multi-line tab rows and you can choose between 3 tab size modes: Auto (the behavior like today), Fill (tabs will fill all the available space), Manual (a max. tab width can be set).

Stay tuned for the next release.

Regards,
Stefan

Login or Signup to post a comment