Start a new topic

Shadow RDS Sessions directly from dashboard

When monitoring a lot of terminal-servers based on Windows 2012r2 or 2016 RDS deployments, it would be really timesaving to be able to shadow active sessions shown in the Dashboard Tab by right-clicking the session to shadow.

It would be even nicer to have a dropdown submenu on the contextmenu-items

to select options like /Control and/or /noConsentPrompt.

Commandline in the background should than look someting like:

MSTSC /v:servername /shadow:sessionid (/control) (/noConsentPrompt)

2 people like this idea

I just implemented the command to the terminal services / remote desktop dashboard. This will be available in the next beta release, probably by the end of the week.

Regards,
Stefan

1 person likes this

Any progress on this?  I'm just installing RoyalTS but shadowing would be an AWESOME feature.  We'd likely get licenses for the whole I.T. department.

@Matthew:

I guess we can implement something like that but it will then be started as external application and not embedded. I will put this on the TODO list and hope we can do this some time after V6 has been released.

Regards,
Stefan

1 person likes this

@Stefan:

Royal TS already has access to the computer name (RDP Server) and the Session ID. Why not just send a scripted call to C:\Windows\System32\mstsc.exe /v:%servername% /shadow:%sessionid% /control /noConsentPrompt.

It seems a popular demand of Royal Apps customers.

1 person likes this

Hi,

I'm sorry for not replying earlier. We missed this thread somehow and last weeks response triggered another notification.

I've looked into session shadowing and the main issue is that we are not using MSTSC in Royal TS. We are using the ActiveX control and according to the docs, there's no API to initiate shadowing. As soon as Microsoft provides the APIs, we're happy to integrate it into our dashboard.

Regards,
Stefan

After 4 years, unfortunately still no progress, feedback or anything. Really hoping some news in the near future. I know this is filed as an idea, but guys please, some feedback if it will be created, considered etc., would be nice.

that would be a great help

Login or Signup to post a comment