Start a new topic

Shadow RDS Sessions directly from dashboard

When monitoring a lot of terminal-servers based on Windows 2012r2 or 2016 RDS deployments, it would be really timesaving to be able to shadow active sessions shown in the Dashboard Tab by right-clicking the session to shadow.

It would be even nicer to have a dropdown submenu on the contextmenu-items

to select options like /Control and/or /noConsentPrompt.

Commandline in the background should than look someting like:

MSTSC /v:servername /shadow:sessionid (/control) (/noConsentPrompt)

2 people like this idea

I honestly can't tell. Royal TS executes the command line as discussed in this topic. Can you check your task manager and compare the command line Royal TS executes with one successful you execute manually?

btw `/Control` should be by default ticked off when adding to shadow menu, make sense when you want to shadowing a session, usually you want them to view only mode, not controlling

latest version is not working for view only (but control works) @stefan

you should not include `/control` because the main purpose of shadowing is to "view only" current rdp session, not "contrl" the current session(or at least let user choose a option)

example view only the current rdp session using bat:

```

set /P rcomp="vm PC: "

set /P rid="Enter RDP user ID: "

start mstsc /shadow:%rid% /v:%rcomp% /noConsentPrompt /prompt

```

I think you guys should add `/control` to shadow menu, by default without `/control` means "view only"

Thanks for the feedback, Kevin. I have implemented a "Control" option (which is off by default).

If yo turn "Control" of by Default, could a setting for defaults be implemented so one can control the default behavior if one desire to use Control or the other switches differently as others.

We would for example always use the Control Option enabled

Hi Patrick,

providing a default setting UI for this option is a bit more effort. May I kindly ask you to create a dedicated feature request for that in order to track demand for this particular feature?

Thanks,
Stefan

that would be a great help

After 4 years, unfortunately still no progress, feedback or anything. Really hoping some news in the near future. I know this is filed as an idea, but guys please, some feedback if it will be created, considered etc., would be nice.

Login or Signup to post a comment