Start a new topic
Implemented

Live Edit Over SFTP

I love the new Connect with SCP/SFTP options. However...

Once connected, I would like to be able to open/edit a file without first having to manually download it. If I make changes/save the opened document, I want the changes to be pushed back to the remote host.

8 people like this idea

I kindly ask you to open a new feature request for drag'n'drop from outside of Royal TS as well as for the feature to automatically open a SFTP connection when a terminal session starts.

Thank you!

That would be a great feature.

That´s exactly how WinSCP is doing for example.
Really an important feature.

One small bug, if i have 1 file named test.php and another one file named test.php on one other folder, if i open the first one and then i will open the second one , the editor tell me if i want to update the already opened file, so i think that it cant understand that the first file is another from the second one.

thanks

@Christos, if you can replicate this bug, open a support ticket and include the steps to replicate.

Hello thanks for the update. Seems that is working perfectly. I already tried it, it uploads the edited file. Really great work! Thanks so much.

Now i need to find how i can specify the program for each type of file. 

PS: one small thing which i saw is that once the file is uploaded the popup on the upper right which inform you that the file is updated, is not going away after a bit, you need to close it ( i am not sure if this can be controlled from your program or not).

Question: The file is live edited or is downloaded first? I ask in order to know if after X edits i have to delete the temp files etc from somewhere.

Thanks again for your GREAT work

Hello yes working perfect now. Thanks for the instant fixing

@Christos: Perfect! Glad to hear it's working fine for you! =)

I still have MobaXterm installed for this feature.

The first Royal TSX (for macOS) beta version that supports live edit for FTP/SFTP connections is now out.

Get it here as usual: https://www.royalapplications.com/go/kb-ts-mac-downloadbeta

Feedback is very welcome!

cheers,

felix

Hi,

In this thread it is mentioned that a Beta version for Mac supporting live-edit over SFTP is ready, and people is confirming that it works.

I've version 3.3, and when I use File Transfer plugging and connect over SFTP, I don't see any edit/live edit option.

Is that because I've using Mac version?

Thanks.

Regards

Hi Ivan,

to open and edit a file, just double-click it. We then watch for changes to the file and if we detect a change, we upload the modified version to the remote server.

Hope that helps!

cheers,

felix

When will that next "big release" be released? Because as it stands now, I'm afraid the feature is almost useless. If I double-click on .sh files, they are downloaded and then run! If I double-click on .py files, they are downloaded and run! etc.. I really hope the next release allows a setting to override the system associations of a file and ALWAYS open it with specified editor. I don't want to destroy my file associations by associating everything with my editor.

@Daniele: The beta is already available since a couple of months and you can get it here: https://www.royalapplications.com/ts/mac/features-beta We don't have an ETA for the stable release just yet.
Login or Signup to post a comment