Start a new topic
Answered

Enable Logging automatically for RoyalTSX

Hello,

I used to use Royal TS for windows and switched to a MAC. One thing I loved was the autologging (recording) of SSH connections. Is there a way to do this automatically on MAC? I see the "Start Logging" option but would like this to happen automatically every time I start a SSH connection.

Best Answer

Hi,

you can enable automatic logging in the "Logging" properties of your terminal connections.

Hope that helps!

cheers,

felix

Answer

Hi,

you can enable automatic logging in the "Logging" properties of your terminal connections.

Hope that helps!

cheers,

felix

1 person likes this

Ahh thank you. I was looking for a application setting for this. 

does that affect any properties that are for windows? Since it is a connection property if I change it does it affect windows logging and people opening the document on a windows computer?

No, the logging settings for macOS and Windows are separated.

Is there a way to set logging by default for all terminal sessions? Having to remember to enable this when creating a new session seems counter intuitive.

Hi Carlos

To make sure all future terminal connections have settings configured, please edit the Terminal Default Settings, found in the Navigation Panel under "Application - Default Settings - Terminal".

Furthermore, if you need to change this setting for multiple connections, I suggest that you use our "bulk-edit" feature. To find out more about it, please refer to the following link:

https://www.royalapps.com/go/kb-ts-mac-bulkedit

I hope this helps!

best regards,

Christoph

Login or Signup to post a comment