This article handles Royal Server V3. More information about upgrading from V3 to V4 can be found here: https://support.royalapps.com/a/solutions/articles/17000117275
Export an existing Royal Server V3 configuration to a new machine
Please use the following steps to export your old Royal Server configuration to a new Royal Server:
- Install Royal Server V3 on the new machine and stop the Royal Server service.
- Export the following Registry key from the old server: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Royal Server and import it on the new machine
- Copy the configuration database files from %programdata%\royalserver to the new machine
- If you used self-signed certificates on your old Royal Server, please export them using the Royal Server Configuration Tool
- Previously configured drives (e.g. D:\) must exist on the new machine (DocumentStoreRootFolder, FullRequestResponseLogDirectory, FileLog_LogDirectory).
- If the worker account was a local account, it must be created with the same name and password on the new server
- Any previously installed Script Engines must be installed in the same path as on the old server.
Once you have done this, you can then start the Royal Server on the new machine.