Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Other/older versions might work, but are not fully tested by us
- Installations on Domain Controllers may work, but are not supported. (And for security reasons not recommended.)
.NET framework 4.7.2 ( for Version 3 and below)
These requirements are pretty dependent on the usage. After the start it needs around 80MB and 0% cpu.
As an example a standard RDP connection playing back a video requires roughly 1% CPU and a couple of MB memory on an 1700X AMD Ryzen machine (8-cores, 16 threads).
- The configured worker account requires local Administrator permissions
- In a domain scenario the worker account must be a Domain User
- The user accounts which should access Royal Server needs to have the permission to log on locally on the Royal Server machine to verify credentials (GPO "Allow log on locally"). Royal Server validates the credentials by performing a local logon with provided credentials.
The PowerShell module requires PowerShell 4+ to be installed. More information how PowerShell 4+ can be installed can be found at http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/21016.how-to-install-windows-powershell-4-0.aspx
Earlier than Royal Server v2 the VMware module requires PowerCLI of VMware to be installed on the machine. Please download PowerCLI from VMware and configure the DLL within the Configuration Tool. However starting Royal Server 3 we use our own VMware implementation, making the PowerCLI installation obsolete.