Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Server 2022
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Other/older versions might work but are not fully tested by us
- Installations on Domain Controllers may work, but are not supported. (And for security reasons not recommended.)
These requirements are pretty dependent on the usage. After the start it needs around 100MB and 0% cpu.
As an example a standard RDP connection playing back a video requires roughly 1% CPU and a couple of MB memory.
Based on the Microsoft Windows default security settings and policies, the following is additionally required:
- The configured worker account requires local Administrator permissions
- In a domain scenario the worker account must be a Domain User
- The user accounts which should access Royal Server needs to have the permission to log on locally on the Royal Server machine to verify credentials (GPO "Allow log on locally"). Royal Server validates the credentials by performing a local logon with provided credentials.
Note: changing the default security settings and policies and deviating from Microsoft's defaults through applied domain policies, may cause malfunctions. We tested non-domain-joined machines and domain-joined machines using Microsoft's default policies.