Here are some tips and tricks regarding Royal TSX that might improve your workflow:
- You can switch between the Overview and Dashboard by clicking the Overview's tab icon or by using the main menu: View - Switch to Overview/Dashboard
- The Folder Dashboard allows you to bulk-edit multiple objects at once. More Info is available here.
- You can use the context menu of the Dock icon to open connections.
- You can use your trackpad to switch between connection tabs. (hint: swipe left or right with 3 fingers)
If the swipe gesture is not working you might have to reconfigure your trackpad settings. Specifically, "Swipe between pages" must be set to "Swipe with (two or) three fingers" in the "Trackpad" system preferences.
- Remote connection screenshots can be saved or copied to the clipboard by using the context menu of one of the thumbnails in the Overview tab or from the "Tab" menu.
- The default toolbar configuration only shows a handful of the available commands. By opening the "View" menu and selecting "Customize Toolbar" the full range of commands is available to you. The same applies to the Touch Bar.
- You can use AppleScript to get information from connections, open/close connections, open/save/close documents, create new connections or even import connections from external data sources. You can find AppleScript samples here.
- If your MacBook's battery drains fast when using Royal TSX, here are some tips that may improve the situation.
- If you accidentally closed the "Getting started" page you can view it again by going to the "Help" menu and selecting "Getting started".