Start a new topic

Add an option "Reload all" [Feature request]

Hello,

We noticed that we can activate the “Save all” option for all currently open documents, but we haven't found an option that would reload all open documents with a single click : a “Reload all” option to resume.

We have the possibility to save all the documents in one button, but we would like to have the possibility to "Reload" all documents in one button too.

--> In only one button "Reload all" to have the possibility to reload all opened documents in one action.

Is it possible to implement it in a future update or not please ?

Best regards,
IDEZ Ugo

Hi!

A "Reload all documents" command would be indeed helpful. I'm just not sure where to put it. I'm hesitant to add it to the context menu because it's not really applicable for a single document selection. I'm also not sure if putting it in the ribbon is wise because it is kind of a "dangerous" feature. A reload discards all local changes and overwrites the document in Royal TS from the source. Clicking it by mistake could cause serious issues and data loss, and even displaying a confirmation prompt is often dismissed quickly without really noticing what's going to happen. I will think where we could add this button. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

Regards,
Stefan

Hello,

In this case, we can think about a button "Save and Reload all documents". That way, no data loss is possible.

What do you think about it ?

Best regards,
IDEZ Ugo

This is already possible by clicking the Save all button. If it's a shared document it will also merge the document, so you get the changes from other users automatically. Reload all would basically discard all changes and I guess that's not what you want.

Hello,

I had the case where I wanted to reload the documents without save my changes, so it would be interesting to have it in a specific place. But not somewhere easily accessible where it could be inadvertently clicked, indeed.

Regards,
IDEZ Ugo

I'll see what I can come up with.

Ok, thank you a lot.

Regards.

Login or Signup to post a comment