Start a new topic

Saved credential password in Trigger for Terminal

Hi,

I am connection to our linux machines via a gateway server. to do the 'hop' from gateway to actual server I amusing the ssh remote command option. After the ssh command is executed on the gateway it asks for users password. I am able to enter it via the custom fields and login. But when the password changes I will have to update it in all the connections. Is there anyway to use a stored credentials password in triggers? 

I have a credential stored which has the username and password out of which I would like to use just the password in all the terminal connections automatically.

I have created the below , it works but I want a central place where the password can be picked from.

Hi there,

can you please take a look at our Secure Gateway functionality, as this may be helpful in your use case?

https://www.royalapps.com/go/blog-ts-winmac-securegateway

&

https://support.royalapps.com/support/solutions/articles/17000027840-ssh-proxies-and-jump-hosts

In case the issue persists, please create a new support ticket via the following link, and we will get back to you directly:

https://www.royalapps.com/go/support-ticket-new

Please note that I deleted the duplicate thread "Use of Saved credentials in Terminal Triggers" from our forum.

Best regards,

Christoph

There are so many ways to achieve this.

Pay attention if you use custom fields to store passwords. It is not secure. But if you will not share your Royal Document File it is ok to use passwords in custom fields. Just use a strong master password in your Doc.

In my case I solved it like this:

Assuming I have a gateway 192.168.0.2 (jump server) and want to connect to 192.168.0.3. Both with user and password.

- create a credential (named C1 in this example)

-- add username and password for jump server

-- add password for 192.168.0.3 in the Passpharese field (in Private Key File section)

-- save

- create a terminal connection

-- computer name use 192.168.0.3

-- credentials use the credential above

-- SSH -> advanced inform "Additional SSH Options": -A -J $EffectiveUsername$@192.168.0.2

-- save

- create a key sequence task

-- use direct mode - no confirmation

-- key Sequence: {WAIT:3000}$EffectivePassphrase${ENTER}

When you double click the created connection:

- it will login in the gateway

- it will appear the password for the second host

-- double click on the key sequence created above

-- it will enter the password and hit enter automatically

If you want everething automatically just add the above key sequence on your terminal connection

-- tasks -> key sequence --> Use an existing key sequence task -> assign your task

This way when you double click the terminal it will end on the desired host automatically.

Pay attention that this is not the best way. If your gateway host is offline Royal TSX will print the password on your screen. But you can create a pre connection task to avoid this behaviour.

Login or Signup to post a comment