Start a new topic

Set fixed width for navigation tree panel

When RTS is open on a PC and you later RDP to that PC from another computer, the navigation tree panel gets clobbered/resized. Example process that can cause this:

Step 1. On Computer A, I’m using RoyalTS to RDP into Servers 1, 2, and 3. I have the navigation tree panel spacing just how I like it and everything is working great. I lock the PC with everything running.

Step 2. Later on, from Computer B, I RDP into Computer A – either using RTS or native RDP Client. RTS is still running and still connected to Servers 1, 2, and 3, but the navigation panel spacing has become contorted. I fix it and everything is great.

Step 3. Later still, I return to Computer A, and unlock it. Again, RTS is still running and connected to the 3 servers, but once again the navigation panel spacing has become contorted.

Of note, Computers A and B may be running different resolutions/scaling/monitor configurations.

I don't think this is necessarily a bug - when DWM is recompositing after the resolution/monitor/login changes it can cause weirdness. So, what I'm requesting is a feature that allows RTS to avoid being clobbered by DWM.

2 people like this idea
1 Comment

I'd like to add to this request. I've noticed the same issue and only use RoyalTS on the same PC. Previous versions of RoyalTS would remember the width when I opened the application but now every time I open the application I have to resize it. This stoped working sometime in v6 and the issue persists in v7.

Login or Signup to post a comment