Start a new topic
Answered

Open Web Page item in default browser?

This seems like it should be possible but I can't find the way.

I would like to define Web Page items, but have them default to opening in the system's default browser. It seems I can only select the WebKit plugin. An item can be context-clicked and offers "Open in Web Browser", but I don't see any way to have that be the default.

I've searched and found reference to the way that it works on Windows or by using a Command Item. It just seem so close to be supported I must be missing something.

Best Answer

Hi Matt,

I'm afraid that changing the default browser plugin within Royal TSX is currently not possible.

You can however create a Command Task with the following properties:

and assign it to your desired Web Page connection object:

&

Which will lead to the web page being opened within Royal TSX and in your default browser upon double-clicking the web page object.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Christoph

Answer

Hi Matt,

I'm afraid that changing the default browser plugin within Royal TSX is currently not possible.

You can however create a Command Task with the following properties:

and assign it to your desired Web Page connection object:

&

Which will lead to the web page being opened within Royal TSX and in your default browser upon double-clicking the web page object.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Christoph

1 person likes this

Hey Christoph!

This is a great tip! I did not know I had the same «problem» as Matt until I saw your reply.

I made some adjustments to the Command Task Settings, in order to have it work exactly as I needed it. It will open the webpage in Google Chrome in a new tab:

-n -b com.google.Chrome --args "--new-window" $URI$

Hi Pascal,

that's awesome, thanks for the tip as well!

Best regards,

Christoph

1 person likes this

Christoph, 

Thanks for you answer. It's a good work-around.

A few followups:

• Does the feature request exist for adding the option on Web Site object to "Open in Default Browser"? Considering it's a context menu option already, it would seem a small effort to make a defined option.
  • Or is it that this would work by way of a plugin and we just don't have the plugin? I read in some back posts that there isn't a public plugin SDK, is that still the case?
Thanks again,
Matt

Login or Signup to post a comment