Start a new topic

V7 Navigation Pane Whitespace

I am trying out the new V7 Beta, and have noticed that the Navigation pane has a lot of extra spacing between the icons and text in the tree which has the effect making the tree a lot wider than V6.

2 people like this idea

Hi Lukas,

I guess you are referring to the indentation in deeper levels. Right now, we can't really decrease the indentation as the tree control we are using doesn't allow that. We might be able to improve this at some point in the future though.

Regards,
Stefan

1 person likes this

Put Explorer in Compact mode, too.

1 person likes this

Thanks for the adjustments on the compact mode. I would still like to see some space saved, especially in the vertical area. The hight of the title bar could be reduced in comparison to the title bar of V6.

I'd love to be able to move the whole File, Home, Edit, Template... menu bar into the title bar to save even more space. Is this even possible with the new UI framework?

Thanks!

As far as I can see there's no way to adjust the height or put the ribbon tabs into the title bar. I think the only way to get as much space vertically as possible is to invoke the Auto-Hide ribbon mode using the button left next to the minimize button.

Hi Richard,

can you please try enabling the "Compact User Interface" settings within the "Royal TS Options > Appearance" settings as shown here:

This should give you a similar look to Royal TS V6.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christoph

Hi Christoph,

I am using the Default Colors preset, that already has the Compact mode enabled, so the screen shot from V7 that I provided is using the compact mode.

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard,

this is Stefan, the lead dev for Royal TS for Windows. With V7 we switched the theme for the UI framework we are using to a more modern Windows 10/11 like theme provided by the 3rd party vendor. While it offers a couple of tweaks (like mentioned by Christoph), it does render the UI with a bit more whitespace. Unfortunately, we can't really change this behavior for this theme/skin. I thought it was possible but providing the "old" skin in addition to the new one is also not feasible/maintainable. The differences are too big. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Regards,
Stefan

Hi Stefan and RoyalTS team,

I can 100% agree with Richard or another users, who use Navigation instead Tabs (cause wide monitor). 

I personally use RoyalTS from version1 and can tell you, that RoyalTS is my main app with outlook, and is wonderful.

I fight only with this one visual thing, and we will be happy, if we can change=reduce "spacing" in navigation tree. I believe, that you will find way, cause you are best! 

Make sure you have compact mode enabled – this was fixed at some point, and navigation tree is now as dense as Explorer's right pane (in compact mode).

I have compact mode enabled.

Thank you...

Is it possible to provide any kind of more compact skin? RoyalTS 7 beta has so much useless whitespace even in compact mode…

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the update and for checking.

Richard

Hi!

The last couple of beta releases should have a more condensed view in Compact Mode, similar to what we had before. Can you check if you are running the latest version?

Regards,
Stefan

I'm on 7.0.20327, which AFAIK is the latest. Its density is about 15% lower than v6 (v7 in compact mode shows 38 rows in the Navigation pane, v6 shows 45 rows; honestly, I wouldn't mind even higher density – Windows 11 Explorer shows 48 rows in the same amount of space).

Login or Signup to post a comment