Start a new topic
Implemented

"Cache key" feature

There is a need of a "Cache Key" feature that would allow any dedicated engine web pages to share the same cache.

Webpages with the need of proxy settings have to set up with a new browser instance. This pages can't access to cache of already connected webpages to get cached login informations. 

A shared cache key could solve the problem.

Best regards,

Johannes

Hi Johannes,

as discussed with our support staff, a "Cache Key" - or better an "Engine Key" could be used to "group" / share engine options for more connections. The only issue is, that in this case, the first connection you open will define the engine options (like proxy, cache path, etc.) and all subsequent connections with the same "Engine Key" will get the very same settings, regardless what is actually configured in the Engine options. This is a limitation of Chromium itself. The other issue is that using this feature and having this behavior, it's hard to explain to the user what's actually happening. I can try to have some info shown in the Engine options page pointing to the documentation explaining the behavior. If you can live with that limitation, I will investigate what it would take to invest in that feature.

Regards,
Stefan

Hello Stefan,

that sounds very good to me and would really help me.

Many thanks for your support!

Regards,

Johannes

Just to let you know that the next major version will have that on board. We expect a beta version soon (within the next week or two).

cheers,
Stefan

Hi!

you can test this feature in the latest Royal TS V7 beta:
https://www.royalapps.com/ts/win/features-beta

Regards,
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

that sounds great! Unfortately, my company has to release the new version for internal use. I hope it will be implemented quickly.

Thank you for implementing this feature so quickly!

Regards,

Johannes

Login or Signup to post a comment