Start a new topic
Answered

Ad Hoc terminal default settings use credentials but not use port

Hello, i have a next question. Or maybe this topic need create in "Problems" but i create here)

If i want use fast (Ad Hoc) terminal connect, ad hoc not use my default ssh port settings. What i mean, i have configured default setting for my new connections with terminal, if i create new connection (tap to folder -> add -> terminal) my default settings from (Application -> Default Settings -> Terminal) worked with custom port for server, and my credentials (user and ssh key) its worked (automatically changed). But if i use ad hoc, i paste server ip address in field, tap on arrow and select terminal, my connection are broken because ad hoc try use 22 port, but, we have 1 server on port 22, i try connect here, and ad hoc use my credentials and connected me. Why ad hoc can use credentials but cant use custom port from default-custom settings?)

Best Answer

Hi Kentri,

This is due to the fact, that ssh:// and telnet:// commands also work, and in both cases you would not want to use the default settings.

However, as a workaround, you can configure a New Terminal Template.

Right-click on a folder whilst holding the "Option" key and select "Add New Template > Terminal"

In the Terminal Template properties, change the port to your desired value and set "$URI" as the computer name, as shown here:

If you now connect via the Ad hoc option, you should be seeing your new template.

Alternatively, you can just enter the hostname:portnumber in the Ad hoc field, to use your desired port.

This does not require creating a template:

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Christoph

Answer

Hi Kentri,

This is due to the fact, that ssh:// and telnet:// commands also work, and in both cases you would not want to use the default settings.

However, as a workaround, you can configure a New Terminal Template.

Right-click on a folder whilst holding the "Option" key and select "Add New Template > Terminal"

In the Terminal Template properties, change the port to your desired value and set "$URI" as the computer name, as shown here:

If you now connect via the Ad hoc option, you should be seeing your new template.

Alternatively, you can just enter the hostname:portnumber in the Ad hoc field, to use your desired port.

This does not require creating a template:

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Christoph

1 person likes this

Yea, it's works. Thanks!

Hi Kentri,

you are welcome, glad this worked for you.

Have a nice day!

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment