Start a new topic
Answered

Send Ctrl + ALT+DEL via Keysequence

I am trying to connect to a Hyper-V instance and I want to send the windows login credentials via Key sequence. Before I can send the keystrokes, I need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL ... I tried to look for a way of doing this via Key sequence, but there is no premade setting nor do my self-made version work. I tried using DEL / END and CTRL holds and ALT HOLDS, but nothing seems to work. 

Best Answer

I found a solution to my original problem, turns out this is not quite a solution because of the option that someone logged in with another user in the past... 

So for my solution:  You can set a hotkey to send CTRL+ALT+DEL set this to ALT + CTRL+F3 for example and turn it to global than call the key sequence with the given input this will call the button function, nice little work around.  

P.S. don't forget to release the buttons, otherwise you will butcher your inputs!  

Answer

I found a solution to my original problem, turns out this is not quite a solution because of the option that someone logged in with another user in the past... 

So for my solution:  You can set a hotkey to send CTRL+ALT+DEL set this to ALT + CTRL+F3 for example and turn it to global than call the key sequence with the given input this will call the button function, nice little work around.  

P.S. don't forget to release the buttons, otherwise you will butcher your inputs!  

Hi Tom!

Glad you found a solution and thanks for sharing!

cheers,
Stefan

Login or Signup to post a comment