Start a new topic
Solved

Key Sequences, Saved Credentials & Lockdown

Wondering if anyone else has experience this behaviour.

I have a few Key Sequences setup for some web pages that the Auto-Fill doesn't work for.

When the document is in lockdown mode (passwords hidden) the Key Sequence spits out "$EffectivePassword$" when it is referenced in the Task rather than the actual password.

When the document is unlocked, the sequence works as expected.

I understand the Key Sequence could compromise the password, but that isn't the issue here.

Surely this must be a bug?

Hi Emile, 

this is not a bug; this is actually by design! There are a few restrictions that apply when a document is locked down to ensure that passwords cannot be easily obtained, one of them being:

Secure properties (such as $EffectivePassword$ or $CredentialPassword$) are not resolved in command tasks, key sequence tasks, connections or templates.

You can find more information on this topic here: https://www.royalapps.com/go/blog-ts-documentlockdown

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

1 person likes this

Thank you. I had a read and fair enough.

Still disagree with the premise. At the very least it should be an option in the same window where you set the lockdown passowrd. There are some enviroments I work with where this would still be favourable over the extreme alternative of exposing all other passwords. Seems like an all-or-nothing approach.

Login or Signup to post a comment