Start a new topic

KeePass database could not be opened in RoyalTS V6

Hi,

RoyalTS V6 is not able to open KeePass database anymore.

Every attempt ends with error: "The KeePass database cound't be opened. Exception has been thrown by the target of invocation.".

RoyalTS version: 6.0.50623

KeePass version: 2.48.1

Windows version: tested on several Windows 10 versions, including latest and even ARM

RoyalTS V5 does not have this problem.

Could you please help with this?

Thank you.

BR

Petr

I have the same issue and contacted support. It seems to only affect kbdx files that uses a key file. 

Apparently, there is a bug in that version of RTS 6 that makes it impossible to open files protected with key files.

A new update should come out shortly fixing this.(according to support, in the next couple of days at most).

Hi!

We just released a new build which should resolve the keepass issues.

https://www.royalapps.com/ts/win/download

Regards,
Stefan

Hello,

I tried the new version and I'm afraid it still fails to open my keepass database protected with a key file :(

Hi,

I responded to your ticket already but since this is a public thread, let me explain how our new KeePass solution works and how you can troubleshoot it.

First of all, the main issue with integrating KeePass is the mismatch of .NET framework used in both products. KeePass is a .NET 4 application and Royal TS moved on to .NET 5. Our previous approach, loading the KeePass.exe into Royal TS and execute the functions doesn't work anymore.

We solved this by including an "embedded" .NET 4 application in Royal TS, which is extracted to %temp%\Royal TS V4\Plugins on demand. Royal TS will start this executable and use it to perform the tasks we used to have in Royal TS V5. Royal TS V6 will receive this data and import it.

This is quite a complicated procedure and a couple of things can go wrong (like writing the file fails, security tools are complaining about writing executables to %temp% and starting it, etc.).

In order to troubleshoot the issue, verify that the helper application is written to the temp directory and double check if any sort of security tool (Windows Defender or similar) is preventing this on your system.

The Royal TS log should also log more details in case something is going wrong.

Regards,
Stefan

Hi,

We've tested new version 6.0.50707 and I can confirm that KeePass DBs protected only with password can be now opened. Opening DBs protected with key file throws the same error as seen above: "The KeePass database couldn't be opened. Please review the master key and try again."

Hi Deworn,

can you double check if you are running 6.0.50707? If you still have issues, please open a support ticket as I may need to ask a couple of questions in private.

Thanks,
Stefan

Hi!

I just uploaded a new (private) build for you to test:

https://download.royalapps.com/RoyalTS/RoyalTSInstaller_6.00.50708.0.msi

https://download.royalapps.com/RoyalTS/RoyalTS_6.00.50708.0.zip

Can you check if the issue has been resolved?

Thanks,
Stefan

1 person likes this

Hi Stefan,

That was fast and it's working now.

Thank you very much!

For me the issue is resolved with this version. Thanks!

Hello,

this version resolve the problem too :)

Thanks for the help !!!

Regards,

Alexandre.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm happy to hear the issue has been resolved!

cheers,
Stefan

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment