Start a new topic
Answered

Using SSH Keys stored in 1Password Vault

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how i can use ssh keys stored in 1password vault as a credentials to ssh into linux hosts.

Are there any specific type/format/field i should use in 1password login/document item so the RoyalTSX "would see" attached or embedded key?

Thanks! 

Best Answer

Hi Elish,

it is possible, but there are some requirements that need to be fulfilled. First of all, this feature is only supported by local vaults; it will not work with online/cloud vaults. Furthermore, the key file must have one of the following extensions: .pem, .ppk

Alternatively, it can also have one of the following names: id_rsa, id_dsa, id_ecdsa, id_ed25519

Please also note that if the private key passphrase is protected the passphrase must be in 1Password in the password field.

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Germar Tischler

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Elish,

it is possible, but there are some requirements that need to be fulfilled. First of all, this feature is only supported by local vaults; it will not work with online/cloud vaults. Furthermore, the key file must have one of the following extensions: .pem, .ppk

Alternatively, it can also have one of the following names: id_rsa, id_dsa, id_ecdsa, id_ed25519

Please also note that if the private key passphrase is protected the passphrase must be in 1Password in the password field.

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Germar Tischler

Login or Signup to post a comment