Start a new topic
Planned

Auto Document Reload

When working with a shared document (we are using one through Royal Server), often other users will make additions/changes and no one will know unless they happen to reload the document.  I would suggest that Royal TS could periodically check to see if the document has changed, and reload the document (or merge/save if local changes were made), when the app is idle or not in focus for a bit.  This could be an option.

Alternatively, if a change has been made but the current document in Royal TS is not current, it would be nice to have a noticeable indicator somewhere.  I thought I remembered there being a Save icon at the bottom status bar when that was the case when using a shared file not through Royal Server, but I have not noticed that since having our shared document moved there.  The save icon would be better than nothing, but ideally it would be more attention-grabbing.

3 people like this idea

Hi Preston!

Just to let you know, we are working on a massive rewrite on the server and client code and we will take your idea into consideration. I'm sure we find a way to notify users about document changes.

Regards,
Stefan

1 person likes this

Hi,

This is a feature that would be much appreciated. When working in a document with a team of 5+ it would be amazing to have it saved and automatically reloaded for all other users. Is this something that can be implemented. Notifying the users would not solve this in my opinion.

1 person likes this

Hi,

If working in a big team, an auto reload option if someone makes additions/changes to a shared document would be indispensable in my opinion. Unfortunate to see this has not been implemented yet.

If someone leaves his Royal TS open for days, they will never see the changes that have been made in the meantime.

Any update on this feature?

Hi Mark,

there's an indicator in the statusbar which shows you when someone else modified a shared document and allows you to quickly merge the results by double-clicking it. Automatic merges may have undesired side effects. For example: when you have a connection open and this connection has been removed, it has to be closed. We want that the user has control over that behavior.

Regards,
Stefan

Login or Signup to post a comment