Start a new topic
Answered

Royal Server on Windows Core edition

Hello.

I want to install Royal Server on Windows Server 2019 Core edition.

Will I be able to fully use this product or do I need a GUI?

--- Russian translate --->

Здравствуйте.

Хочу установить Royal Server на Windows Server 2019 Core edition.

Смогу ли я полноценно использовать данный продукт или требуется GUI?

Best Answer

Hi Sergey,

we figured out an issue (kinda cosmetic) which prevents Royal Server V4 from running on a Windows Server Core installation.

Please find the details in our knowledgebase article:

https://support.royalapps.com/a/solutions/articles/17000119522

Note though that Windows Server Core is still not in the list of supported operating systems and might not work in some scenarios.

Let me know if this helps and if you find any other issues with it (in that case open a ticket with us pls)

cheers,

Michael

Hi Sergey,

currently this is not possible but we have the idea of remote configuration (without using a UI) on our roadmap.

best regards,

Michael

Hi Michael,

any news about the feature? I currently have a core server where I need to install Royal Server.

Cheers,

Timo

Hi, I did not use the core edition of Windows Server, but I am not waiting for a "crutch" from the developers, but a stable and correct product solution.

Hi Sergey,

unfortunately there is no update on this topic so far. I brought it back to attention but cannot give an ETA for this feature.

cheers,

Michael

Answer

Hi Sergey,

we figured out an issue (kinda cosmetic) which prevents Royal Server V4 from running on a Windows Server Core installation.

Please find the details in our knowledgebase article:

https://support.royalapps.com/a/solutions/articles/17000119522

Note though that Windows Server Core is still not in the list of supported operating systems and might not work in some scenarios.

Let me know if this helps and if you find any other issues with it (in that case open a ticket with us pls)

cheers,

Michael

1 person likes this

Seems to be working but got an error starting the configuration. 

Hi Timo,

thx for giving it a shot!

For the error we kindly ask you to open a support ticket with us so our support and devs can have a look at it.

cheers,

Michael

Login or Signup to post a comment