Start a new topic

Improving startup performance of Windows Royal TS 5

I've noticed that Royal TS has been taking longer and longer to initially startup when I click to open the application. Is there anywhere to reduce the delay it takes to finally show the GUI? Or with another version of .NET?

1 person likes this idea

Hi Steven,

7-8 seconds sounds about right. I see similar timings...

Regards,
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Ahh, I was not aware that I could use ngen.cmd to improve the app startup performance. I measured the time it took the app to startup, about 7 seconds. Then, I ran the ngen.cmd found in the installation directory and let it finished. I closed out of the command prompt and opened Royal TS again. I measured slightly higher delay starting it up: 8 seconds. Then, I ran ` .\ngen.exe install "C:\Program Files (x86)\Royal TS V5\RoyalTS.exe" from where the ngen.exe was located. It did some stuff and finished. I relaunched Royal TS again and its back to the same 7 seconds startup.

I guess that is the minimum I can expect it to take to startup?

Hi Steven,

I'm assuming you are referring to the startup time when Royal TS is not running already. Starting up an application like Royal TS takes a while until all UI elements, resources, icons, plugins, etc. are loaded. We are constantly trying  to optimize the startup performance as good as we can by instantiating certain objects at a later point int time for example.

I can also recommend reading this KB: 

https://support.royalapps.com/support/solutions/articles/17000027841-royal-ts-installation-taking-a-very-long-time-or-royal-ts-is-running-slow-in-general

Running ngen.cmd can improve startup performance because the app is pre-compiled. The MSI installer should do it automatically but in case you are using the ZIP download, you need to run it manually.

Regards,
Stefan

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment