Start a new topic

Improving startup performance of Windows Royal TS 5

I've noticed that Royal TS has been taking longer and longer to initially startup when I click to open the application. Is there anywhere to reduce the delay it takes to finally show the GUI? Or with another version of .NET?

1 person likes this idea

Hi Steven,

I'm assuming you are referring to the startup time when Royal TS is not running already. Starting up an application like Royal TS takes a while until all UI elements, resources, icons, plugins, etc. are loaded. We are constantly trying  to optimize the startup performance as good as we can by instantiating certain objects at a later point int time for example.

I can also recommend reading this KB: 

https://support.royalapps.com/support/solutions/articles/17000027841-royal-ts-installation-taking-a-very-long-time-or-royal-ts-is-running-slow-in-general

Running ngen.cmd can improve startup performance because the app is pre-compiled. The MSI installer should do it automatically but in case you are using the ZIP download, you need to run it manually.

Regards,
Stefan

1 person likes this

Hi Stefan,

Ahh, I was not aware that I could use ngen.cmd to improve the app startup performance. I measured the time it took the app to startup, about 7 seconds. Then, I ran the ngen.cmd found in the installation directory and let it finished. I closed out of the command prompt and opened Royal TS again. I measured slightly higher delay starting it up: 8 seconds. Then, I ran ` .\ngen.exe install "C:\Program Files (x86)\Royal TS V5\RoyalTS.exe" from where the ngen.exe was located. It did some stuff and finished. I relaunched Royal TS again and its back to the same 7 seconds startup.

I guess that is the minimum I can expect it to take to startup?

Hi Steven,

7-8 seconds sounds about right. I see similar timings...

Regards,
Stefan

Login or Signup to post a comment