Start a new topic
In Progress

MFA for Secure Gateway

=== Feature Enhancement Request ===

We're trying out the Multifactor Authentication (MFA, a.k.a, two-factor or 2FA) feature on the Document Store on Royal Server.  It works great!  But that's not quite what we needed.

Can we do MFA on the Royal Server Secure Gateway?  For instance, when the engineers arrive in the morning they would have to MFA to get their first connection through the Secure Gateway but after that, all new sessions would go through the Secure Gateway without re-checking the MFA.

There should probably be a setting for Maximum-Session-Time to time-out the session and force the MFA to repeat.  We'd probably set ours to 30 hours or something to let users get a full day's work in.  

We use Duo Security here but the Microsoft Authenticator is a valid second option for us.

Thank you.

11 people like this idea

We would definitely like to see this as well. Duo or google auth would work for us.

1 person likes this

Thanks, Dan. We will look into it and update this thread once we have something to share.

1 person likes this

This would be an awesome feature.

1 person likes this

Just as a point of clarification... we don't make our network engineers work 30 hours per day.  :-)

I was just choosing an arbitrary number that was 24 < x < infinity.

2FA is a hard requirement from our security team. What progress or updates can you provide for this feature?

Thanks

Dan

2 people like this

This is already available, any idea hot to use this feature?

1 person likes this

Would also need this feature!

I am evaluating RoyalServer for use in our environment and MFA on the Secure Gateway is an absolute must for us as well. Has this feature been officially added to the product roadmap?

1 person likes this

My team is already using RoyalTS, and we need a connection broker like RoyalServer.

MFA is mandatory for us, so we are waiting for this feature.

Any news on this?

1 person likes this

I'm subscribed to this threat and completely agree with Wolfgang. This is an absolute must that we've been waiting a long time for. I would like an update as well.

This would be welcome on our side as well.

I'm not sure if and when we can implement this. The 3rd party component we are using doesn't have an API we could hook into. We contacted the Vendor and asked for this but we haven't got a response yet.

Rest assured, as soon as this is possible, we will implement it.

Sorry for the bad news.

Any update on MFA for Royal Gateway?

Login or Signup to post a comment