Start a new topic
Solved

problem trying to uninstall Royal TS V4

Any idea why I get the error “this action is only valid for products that are currently installed” when trying to uninstall V4 of your product (on Windows 10)?

Hmm, that was my mistake. The correct path should be: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

FYI, the registry was not containing anything under SchedulingAgent in both branch.

Hi Eric,

while I can't really tell you why you see this error, I can offer a way to manually uninstall Royal TS on your machine. To do that, you need to:

1. Remove the registry entry in the registry for the Royal TS installation under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SchedulingAgent
    Note that you may not find it under the WOW6432Node on a 32 bit machine. In this case, just omit the WOW6432Node in the path.
  2. Remove all the files in the installation directory (usually %ProgramFiles(x86)%\code4ward\Royal TS V4 or %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Royal TS V5)
  3. If you do not plan to reinstall Royal TS and also want to remove all your configuration, delete the folder %appdata%\code4ward

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Stefan

Login or Signup to post a comment