Answered

iterm2 + oh my zsh + skin

HI,

would be greate if we could achieve something like this:
https://gist.github.com/kevin-smets/8568070

I already use it for my iterm2, but I can not on royal tsx, which is a pitty

Best Answer

Hi Eduardo,

I'm not sure why you think you cannot use that stuff in Royal TSX?

Royal TSX and the iTerm2 plugin do support importing iTerm2 color schemes. To import a color scheme, open the "Colors" properties of your terminal connection, and select "Load Presets...", then select your color scheme.

You can of course also change the font in the "Display Options" settings of your terminal connection.

And last but not least, Royal TSX will use the default shell when using the "Custom Terminal" connection type which allows you to use Oh My Zsh. Of course, if you're connecting to a remote machine via SSH, you will get whatever shell is the default on the remote machine. So to use use Oh My Zsh on a remote machine, you'll have to install it on the remote machine and ensure it's the default shell.

Hope that helps!

cheers,

felix

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Eduardo,

I'm not sure why you think you cannot use that stuff in Royal TSX?

Royal TSX and the iTerm2 plugin do support importing iTerm2 color schemes. To import a color scheme, open the "Colors" properties of your terminal connection, and select "Load Presets...", then select your color scheme.

You can of course also change the font in the "Display Options" settings of your terminal connection.

And last but not least, Royal TSX will use the default shell when using the "Custom Terminal" connection type which allows you to use Oh My Zsh. Of course, if you're connecting to a remote machine via SSH, you will get whatever shell is the default on the remote machine. So to use use Oh My Zsh on a remote machine, you'll have to install it on the remote machine and ensure it's the default shell.

Hope that helps!

cheers,

felix

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment