Start a new topic
Solved

Key Sequence only in Royal TSX

One of my connection is a website that redirects me to a different URL for login. The redirected URL is unique per login attempt.

I've successfully configured an automatic key sequence to log into the site instead of relying on AutoFill.

One problem I'm having is that if something else takes focus or if I switch away to a different app before Royal TSX has executed the key sequence, it "types" and submits the username/password in whatever app is currently active.

I can't seem to find a way to restrict a key sequence to stay within Royal TSX. Am I missing something somewhere?

1 person has this problem

Hi Pascal,

direct mode requires each connection plugin to implement this mode so "when supported" means Royal TSX will use direct mode when the connection supports it and fall back to keyboard simulation if it doesn't.

Currently, all main connection types and plugins (RDP, VNC, Terminal, Web) support it. Which connection type are you trying this on? Also, please ensure you have the latest plugins installed and send us a short video that shows the behavior. Also, a document containing a sample connection and key sequence task would help us reproduce the issue.

thx,

felix

Hi Felix

Thank you very much for your great support. I am currently running Royal TSX v4.0.0.27 and see this behaviour. The «Direct Mode» is the default mode and enabled (see attached Screenshot) and I am still seeing this issue. Of course it says «Use Direct Mode when supported» but what are the prerequisites for that support?

Best regards,

Pascal

Hi there,

key sequences in Royal TSX V3 and earlier are always simulated in a way that makes it impossible for us to target a specific window or view.

In Royal TSX V4 (currently in beta) however we introduced "Direct Mode" for key sequences which sends keyboard input directly to the targeted views/connections.

I think this feature is exactly what you're looking for and I suggest you give the beta a spin and let me know how it works for you!

thx,

felix

Hi Jackson

I am glad you bring this topic up. I have also seen this behaviour recently. I was not switching to a different up but just made a different tab in Royal TSX active and the input went into the new tab (where I was using a terminal). 

So in short: key sequences should keep their submitted input in the window where it was triggered. 

Login or Signup to post a comment