Start a new topic
Implemented

Run Key Sequence Tasks on all open connections by just clicking it.

I know this can be done by opening the dashboard or tasks than multi-selecting the connections you want to run the key sequence on. I simply find that too many clicks/windows to run something simple most of the time.

Can we implement a way to multi-select in the navigation so we don't have to open the dashboard or task window each time to run something on multiple connections?

And or right clicking on a key sequence task in the navigation for the drop down and selecting run on all open connections?

I think if we combined all or some of the use cases for the Dashboard Window, and Tasks Window into Navigation it would be extremely helpful/useful. Personally, most of the time I have Navigation open all the time, and just being able to use that window for what I need to do would speed things up.

Hi,

executing tasks and key sequence tasks can be very dangerous. We try to make it as clear and safe as possible. The intended workflow is like this:

Let's consider we have two SSH sessions open in Royal TS.

Then you navigate to the key sequence task you want to execute:

The dashboard of the key sequence task shows a panel with the task context. You can select one or more (even all) sessions there and hit execute.

Executing the task on all open connections using a single click can be very dangerous. Mistakenly execute the wrong command to all your sessions using one click can cause huge damages. We think the way we implemented task execution with the dashboard makes it much safer.

Regards,
Stefan

I understand the perspective, and I appreciate that safety is in mind. Is there anyway to tell key sequence broadcaster use this key sequence in my document rather than typing it?

You mean a UI or something which allows you to select an already created key sequence task and pre-populates the broadcaster with the sequence?

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying, something like that would be really useful.

Got it. I think that's a good idea. I will look into it.

Thanks for the feedback!

Next release will have that on board!

1 person likes this

I'm happy to report that Royal TS 5.0 has been released and includes this feature.

For more information about the major new features of Royal TS 5.0, please head over to our https://www.royalapplications.com/ts/win/features-upgrade

Login or Signup to post a comment