Start a new topic
Not Taken

winbox plugin

I have to administer Mikrotik firewalls/routers for clients and would like to integrate this with Royal TS.

I see a Mikrotik plugin for Remote Desktop Manager so they must offer an API for connectivity.

Is this forthcoming?

2 people like this idea

Assuming that you can specify computer name/ip and port in the arguments, the configuration would look like this:

Let me know if this helps.

1 person likes this

Has anyone been able to get WinBox to open in the tab (embedded)?  In particular, if you have multiple WinBox connections running?

Yes, but it seems to pick a random (often wrong) winbox window to embed in the tab.

:(

Hi,

Im trying this configuration proposed by Stefan (Winbox + Gateway config) but it disconnects after a new seconds. I would love to get this working. Is it still possible?

Hi Gertjan,

I think you need to figure out why it disconnects after a few seconds. I'm not really familiar with the product but since Royal TS is simply calling the executable with arguments, it should be straightforward to get it working outside of Royal TS. Once this works, I'm happy to help with the external application configuration.

Regards,
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your quick response, i did not make it clear but it is perfectly working via the direct approach.

It is simply not working via the gateway or atleast it connects and available but disconnects after a few seconds.

Are there any logs i can provide?

In this case you should try to establish a connection using a manual port forwarding (ssh tunnel) using PuTTY, for example:

https://docs.royalapps.com/r2021/royalts/reference/connections/terminal-putty.html#-tunnels

Please verify if it's working through the PuTTY tunnel first. Maybe Winbox doesn't work using a single forwarded port.

Since I'm not really familiar with Winbox, maybe someone here in this thread can provide help or guidance troubleshooting the issue.

With a direct tunnel it is working. Shame that for this i cant use RoyalTS. Thanks for you quick responses though.

How is the direct tunnel configured? Can you post a screenshot?

Hi,

I just make a simple configuration as below:

Is this something i can achive with RoyalTS?

Adding to this, during the working connection RoyalTS is showing "connecting" like below. After a while it stops and disconnects winbox also.

Thanks for the details. In theory the SecureGateway should create the same kind of tunnel you successfully configured using PuTTY. You can also use the PuTTY based Terminal connection to create such a tunnel in Royal TS (https://docs.royalapps.com/r2021/royalts/reference/connections/terminal-putty.html#-tunnels) but this is cumbersome as you need to first open the PuTTY connection for the tunnel before you open the External App with winbox.

It looks like that the process is closing after a while (probably because of a timeout). To further troubleshoot the issue, I recommend you open a support ticket here:

https://www.royalapps.com/go/support-ticket-new

and provide the following information/screenshots:

* all relevant settings (host name port) of your PuTTY connection which successful opens the correct tunnel

* screenshots of your secure gateway configuration

* screenshots of your external app configuration (especially the main page and the Advanced page tabs)

* set log level to "Debug" under View -> Options -> Logging, reproduce the issue and save/attach the log file

Thanks,
Stefan

Thanks, i will do that.

Here's my RoyalTS config that works for me with multiple simultaneous winbox sessions:

Note: The path that contains winbox.exe ("Command:") is the same as "Working Directory:".

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I see that by commandline match is had "C:\INE-Werkmap\winbox64.exe" and you are providing an IP here. I changed this but unfortuanetly no luck.
The sesion is build up but disconnected after a while. I noticed the below error though.
Looking on the web im not using Onedrive and all rights are given to the directory en .exe file.

This is provide when connected:

After few seconds the below message and disconnect:

Is there anyway i can see more logs for this?

Login or Signup to post a comment