Start a new topic
Solved

Extremely Unstable

We've been running Royal TSX now on the latest version of Mac High Sierra. We have 4 brand new Mac Book Pro laptops and all of us 4 using Royal TSX have non stop issues with program stability. We are using it in a shared environment but constantly have the application crash or hang. We've submitted bug reports but not sure why this is not being addressed. Why is Royal TSX so unstable?

Hi Ryan,

we're not aware of any issues that could lead to crashes with shared documents. Is there any specific action that leads to the crashes?

Since you're saying you've submitted bug reports, do you mean you submitted crash reports using the built-in crash reporter? If so, which email address did you use when submitting those crash reports?

Also, it would help tremendously if you could provide us with a debug log file that contains information just before the crash. Please see the following KB article's "Creating a debug log file" section for instructions: https://www.royalapplications.com/go/kb-ts-mac-rdp-issues

A short video showing exactly what you're doing when the crash happens would also be very helpful in finding the source of the problem.

many thx,

felix

Thanks Felix. If it was reproducible we would mention that but it's random. The only time that it seems to crash most is when in an RDP connection and you tell the computer to reboot. For example after Windows Updates. Windows will do it's thing, close down windows and then cut the RDP connection like normal however sometimes this causes Royal TSX to crash. I've sent bug reports using your application every time. It's under our @gearhost.com email addresses. Please review and let us know.

We've enabled logging and will post here when we get the problems. Hopefully we can narrow this down because it is extremely frustrating when you've made dozens of changes and it wont save. We manage thousands of servers thus the level of frustration.

Hi Ryan,

we've recently become aware of a problem with the "Overview" which can cause a crash when a connection is disconnected remotely.

Reading your description, this sounds very much like the same issue. A fix for that problem has already been implemented internally and will roll out in the next update of Royal TSX V3.

In the meantime, could you please try this:

* Switch to the "Overview" tab

* Go to "View - Switch to Dashboard"

Since the "Overview" is not active anymore, this should work around the problem until a proper fix is available.

Hope that helps!

cheers,

felix

Thanks. We will give that a try and let you know. That was one of the most common ones. The other issue has to do with just a spinning wheel and the application locks up. We have not seen a pattern here. Will the debug logging you mentioned help try to narrow that one down?

Hi Ryan,

since cranking up the logging level to "Verbose" causes most UI actions to be logged, I hope that we can infer from the log what action caused the lockup. There's no guarantee but it's our best option.

cheers,

felix 

Hi Ryan,

any news?

thx,

felix

Hi Ryan,

we've just released new Royal TSX and FreeRDP plugin versions which include several stability improvements.

If you still experience instability and crashes please feel free to re-open this issue or open a new one.

thx,

felix

Hi

I'm running 3.2.9.3 (Beta) and have had the application crash on me at least 4 times today. Could be just opening an existing RDP connection - nothing particularly radical. However, it quite regularly crashed when opening the properties of an existing connection. It is becoming quite frustrating!

Hi Matthew,

could you please open a new support ticket and include a short screencast (video) and debug log files when the crash happens?

You can enable debug logging by following these instructions:

• Go to "Preferences - Logging - File Logging"
  • Make sure "Enable File Logging" is checked
  • Set the "Logging level" to "Verbose"
  • Note the "Logfile path" since you will need it later on (or open Finder, navigate to the path right away and keep the window open)
  • Apply the changes
  • Reproduce your problem
  • Locate the log file on your file system and include it in your ticket

thx,

felix

I have been having problems with crashing.  I am at the latest version so I would imagine this should be fixed but it is happening randomly.

Fennell and others. I haven't been having any real major issues with the application on the latest version and I'm running iOS 10.14.3. So far it's been very stable for me for the last 6 months or so. I'd recommend making sure you are on the latest iOS and latest Royal version.

1 person likes this

Hi Fennel,

please open a new support ticket so that we can debug the issues you're experiencing together.

thx,

felix

I am running Windows 10 version.

Hi Fennel,

this is the Royal TSX (for macOS) forum.
Please either post in the Royal TS (for Windows) forum or open a new support ticket.

thx,

felix

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment