Start a new topic
Implemented

Support for side-by-side and stacked tabs

It would be awesome to be able to split the window vertically (side by side) and horizontally (stacked).

Right click on the tab at the top and click split vertically or split horizontally.

Same feature request in the Windows idea portal: https://support.royalapplications.com/support/discussions/topics/17000009157

4 people like this idea

Hi Tarun,

yes, window mode is the way to configure connections to open in external windows by default.

Regarding feature requests: Please post new ideas in this forum but in separate threads.

The one you're currently posting in has already been closed for quite some time so it makes sense to create new, individual posts for all your feature requests.

thx,

felix

I meant... opening connections in a new window by default (instead of have it open up in tabs). I think I may have found the option on Royal TSX (window-mode in preferences). Thanks for the quick response!

Is there a place where people can upvote commonly requested features? Opening separate windows is a decent workaround, but managing multiple windows becomes a bit of a headache. 

The other interesting implementation I wanted to suggest was having a single tab with split screens. Another tab may have no split screen. And then, one can go back and forth between switching tabs - either to the split view or the full view. 

Use case:

1) Tab 1: Multiple terminal splits to access different servers

2) Tab 2: Full page view of GUI of a particular server (because GUI wouldn't work too well in a multi-split environment)

and so on....

I think we have this sort of implementation in iTerm on Mac though its not nearly as powerful as Royal TSX. 

Hi Tarun, I'm not sure what you mean by "disable tab behavior". Could you please elaborate? thx, Felix

Thanks Felix, slightly harder to manage but that's the solution I indeed used. Is there a way to disable tab behavior on Royal TSX altogether?

Hi Tarun,

we currently don't have short or near-term plans to allow mixing vertically and horizontally splitted tabs within the same window.

You can however drag tabs out of the main window to form additional tab groups.

cheers,

felix

Hi Felix, any plans to have support for vertical and stacked tabs running together? Thanks!

Hi Sven,

a new beta has been released yesterday which includes horizontal splitting functionality.

cheers,

felix

Thank you Felix, great news. I just love your software!

Hi there,

good news! We were able to add support for splitting tabs horizontally. Note that at least for now it won't be possible to mix vertically and horizontally splitted tabs in one window. So it's "either or" for now.

This will be available in the next minor Royal TSX update. You'll be able to split tabs horizontally by holding the ⌥ (option/alt) key when opening the "Tab" menu. Instead of "Split Tabs" you will have the option to "Split Tabs Horizontally".

cheers,

felix

Hi Sven,

please post a new feature request in the forums.

I think it makes sense to have this as a separate feature request as we closed this thread already.

thx,

felix

As a ticket or here in the forums? The stacked option was already requested in this thread (stacked tabs).

Hi Sven,

yes, at the moment we only support splitting tabs vertically.

If you'd like to also see support for splitting horizontally in a future update, please file a new feature request.

thx,

felix

Hey,

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but it seems just side by side tab splitting is available, what about stacked tabs? Maybe I just wasn't able to figure out how to do it. If so, please explain.

Thanks

best regards,
Sven

1 person likes this

Hi there,

I'm happy to report that Royal TSX 4.0 has been released and includes this feature.

For more information about the major new features of Royal TSX 4.0, please head over to our major upgrade landing page.

cheers,

felix

Hi everyone,

The first beta with support for splitting tabs is now available!

You can get the beta here: https://www.royalapplications.com/ts/mac/features-beta

cheers,

felix

Login or Signup to post a comment