Start a new topic
Not Taken

Type Username/Password into Tab

I can copy usernames and passwords into the clipboard, and I can type the clipboard into the tab.  I frequently use these in combination in certain instances where paste doesn't work.  It would be nice if there was a "Type Username Into Tab" action and a "Type Password Into Tab" action.  Maybe just like "hold shift while selecting copy" to get it to type into the current tab instead of having a whole new UI.

One of the issues I have run into with the tasks and using the $EffectiveUsername$ feature is that if you are using other applications at the time and switch to soon from royal TS, it will just paste the contents of this macro into whatever application you are using. it would be nice to tell royal ts to only paste the contents if the current focus is an internal window or an external window open with royal ts and all other applications outside of royal TS should not see the output for any reason. This is a security vulnerability that needs to be fixed. You can test what I am saying by creating a task that puts out some type of text and at the same time open notepad ++. then run the task and switch to notepad ++ and the task will just put the output into notepad++. there must be some logic that dictates that royal TS should not dump the commands to the notepad ++ window. Imagine if instead of notepad ++ the application is say skype or a webex session where everyone can see that username or password.

In this case you can copy the username or password to the clipboard and then go to "Tab - Favorite Key Sequences - Type Clipboard". Alternatively, if this is about RDP connections, you can also go to "Edit - Paste" which will essentially do the same as "Type Clipboard".

But it may not be the "assigned" username and password that I want to type.  Sometimes I have to use a bastion server and want to type the credentials for a different system.  I don't see any way to do that with a Key Sequence Task, other than putting the raw username and password directly in the key sequence, which I'd rather not do.

Hi,

you can pretty easily create key sequence tasks that do just that.

Just create a new key sequence task, set it as favorite and enter $EffectiveUsername$ as it's key sequence, then execute this task against the running connection (Tab - Favorite Key Sequences - Key Sequence Task Name).

As for the password, just use $EffectivePassword$ instead.

Hope that helps!

cheers,

felix

Login or Signup to post a comment