Start a new topic
Implemented

1password for Windows Integration

I am an engineer and I use Royal TS(x) on many different environments both Windows and Mac.  I also have the 1password for Windows license.  Are there plans for integrating  1password and Royal TS for Windows?

2 people like this idea

Hi Stephan,

may I ask what benefits you think a native integration would have? The dynamic folder implementation has a lot of advantages which would be hard/impossible to provide with a native integration:

* out of band update in case something in 1password changes. The script can easily be updated/adapted without rolling out a new Royal TS version

* customization in case you want to slightly change the way the data is mapped within Royal TS

* open development which allows you to exactly see how the data import and mapping is working under the hood and also the ability for the community to improve scripts and/or derive new scripts

Regards,
Stefan

I simply want to connect 1password with RoyalTS and that s it. A native user friendly integration on the gui, without Scripts and play around. Simply forward

Thanks for the feedback, Stephan. Because of the reasons I mentioned before, it's not really feasible for us to integrate it deeper into our product. One reason I forgot to mention is licensing. Since the only way to access 1password vaults is their CLI, we are not allowed to include or ship the 1password CLI with our product. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

I've set up the 1Password integration (Royal TSX) with the sample using dynamic folder/credential. Credentials in my 1password vaults show up but I'm unable to use them for my RDP sessions for some reason. Am I missing something? Also note that it shows in the 1 password app that the credentials were used when trying to connect in Royal TSX. Please advise.

Hi Dario,

I think it would be best if you open a support ticket with some more details (screenshots) how you setup everything and how you are trying to make use of the creds of the dynamic folder in order to further assist you. Please send us an email to support(-at-)royalapps.com

Thank you,
Stefan

Login or Signup to post a comment