Start a new topic
Answered

Royal TSX VMware connections

Can you please provide details on the usage of VMware connections in Royal TSX.  I am not sure if I am supposed to make a connection to the vCenter server, an individual host, or an individual guest.  So far, I have tried all 3 with no luck.

Best Answer

Hi Lee,

the VMware plugin supports connecting either directly to a host (ESX) or vCenter. A direct connection to an individual VM is currently not supported.

A common reason for unsuccessful connections is that you need to enter just the hostname, not a web URL to the host/vCenter.

Please let me know if that helps and if you still can't connect, please go to "Preferences - Logging - File Logging", enable "File Logging", set the "Logging level" to "Verbose", repeat the test and send me the generated log file.

thx,

felix

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Lee,

the VMware plugin supports connecting either directly to a host (ESX) or vCenter. A direct connection to an individual VM is currently not supported.

A common reason for unsuccessful connections is that you need to enter just the hostname, not a web URL to the host/vCenter.

Please let me know if that helps and if you still can't connect, please go to "Preferences - Logging - File Logging", enable "File Logging", set the "Logging level" to "Verbose", repeat the test and send me the generated log file.

thx,

felix

Login or Signup to post a comment